1.25.2006

how well do you know me?

so i've wanted to get a tattoo for -- oh, i don't know, ever. i've always thought they were cool. (it's art, man! & it's on your body! it turns you in to art, man!) anyway, i've never gotten one, 'cause i didn't want to be stuck w/ something idiotic when i'm 55, which is pessimistic, realistic & optimistic @ the same time, isn't it?
pessimistic because i expect everything that i think is cool, or witty, or meaningful right this second to seem stupid to future me. (future me is such a jerk!)
realistic, because everything i thought was cool, or witty, or meaningful in the past now seems stupid to me. (past me is such an idiot!)
optimistic, because i'm planning to still be alive by then.
anyway, what should i get? i want something cool, witty & meaningful. something i'll be happy with until the day i die. any suggestions? (warning: your answers will show how well you actually know me.)

5 Comments:

Blogger jmg said...

a celtic cross. b/c it's what i'm still contemplating getting (shhh-don't tell dad!!! :) )

also b/c you wear one on a necklace don't you? and it looks cool, is meaningful, and doggone it, people like it.

or you could get your kids' initials or jenn's or something along those lines. not sure how to make all those letters look cool, but i'm sure you'd never regret it.

25 January, 2006 17:07  
Blogger secretsquirrel said...

good idea jenna. the first thing that came to my mind was a guitar, but i'm not sure where to put a guitar to make it look cool. i like your celtic cross idea better.

now jenna, about your tattoo . . .

26 January, 2006 21:27  
Blogger starbuck said...

yeah, that's a pretty good one, fro. i'd thought @ a celtic design that could wrap @ my arm. i also considered getting "INRI", over my heart.
as for anything w/letters or names: it just looks tacky to me.

30 January, 2006 02:24  
Blogger scøüpe said...

for a few years now, i've been planning on getting a celtic cross (possibly over my heart) because i know it is the one symbol i truly believe in and would never regret having etched into my skin. i even have a detailed sketch of how i see it in my mind.
i atually planned on doing that last year as soon as i gained my freedom but money got in the way.

02 February, 2006 02:34  
Blogger secretsquirrel said...

INRI over the heart - excellent idea!!!

02 February, 2006 22:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home