5.10.2006

closer to fine

though eduardo (& hugo mujica) puts it much better, i've now had time to formulate the implied answer to my previous post:

any resolution made based on who i fancy myself to be is bound to fail. if i truly want to do well, i must base my plan of action on the person who will actually be responsible for carrying it out: myself as i honestly am, not as i'd like to be. admitting my weaknesses to myself is the 1st step in identifying a workable solution to any trial i encounter.

a legless man would not attempt to climb a mountain in the traditional fashion; how can i, w/ my great diversity of shortcomings, (the greatest of which is a profound lack of will-power,) expect to accomplish anything thru an ordinary resolution?

so, i am less perfect than i already thought myself to be, but a little closer to true perfection for having realized it. & from here, i go... (scanning the horizon, licking my finger, & holding it aloft...)

umm... that way?

1 Comments:

Blogger edumangia said...

Great post! And hey, like Lao-tsé said (I'm in a terrible quoting mood lately) "Even a road of a thousand miles began with the first step".

11 May, 2006 20:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home