11.16.2006

LUKE 11:17

isn't it rich
aren't we a pair
me here at last on the ground
and you in mid-air

send in the clowns

isn't it bliss
don't you approve
one who keeps tearing around
and one who can't move

but where are the clowns
send in the clowns

just when i stopped
opening doors
finally finding the one
that i wanted was yours

making my entrance
again with my usual flair
sure of my lines
nobody's there

don't you Love a farce
my fault i fear
i thought that you;d want what i want
sorry my dear

but where are the clowns
send in the clowns
don't bother
they're here

isn't it rich
isn't it queer
losing my timing this late
in my career

but where are the clowns
send in the clowns
well maybe
next year

--frank sinatra

3rd day has a song that goes, "Please take from me my life, when i don't have the strength to give it away to you." I used to sing, "Please take from me my wife..." Of course, I used to get hit a lot from the passenger seat, too. Isn't it a little funny, though?

How 'bout the fact that the times she liked me best (mid-2003 to mid-2006) were the times I liked myself least. Or the fact that I felt like we were finally taking some big steps in the right direction, as far as our relationship, & our family.

How about the fact that I am now --today-- more like I was when she fell in Love with me than at any point since. C'mon, you gotta admit, it's a little funny. Funny in the crying way, not the laughing way.

Not that I've cried excessively today. Just a couple times, & they were brief. I'm okay right now, for example. I just still really, really miss her.

Thanks, everyone for your prayers. I promise someday, my posts won't be all rambly all the time. Someday. For now, it's really more about having the release than being stylish or witty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home